Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Get over it. She won!

How interesting to see all the talking heads and pundits try to figure out HOW Hillary won in New Hampshire. I mean, their "polls" all said she was going to lose in a major way. How could their polls be wrong?

I heard Chris Matthews accuse people in NH of being racist. He said they just couldn't vote for a black man when they got to vote "in secret." The argument being that the Iowa caucuses require that you publicly state who you're for, but in NH, it's a secret ballot. I think that's just a little off. I guess most of myself wants to just believe that race had nothing to do with it.

Other reasons were offered up. People felt sorry for Hillary. More people turned out. Why not just accept your polls were wrong this time? Maybe people changed their minds. I tend to think the huge turn out may have skewed the polls. Whatever the case, why can't the pundits just say "Hey, we made a mistake."

I've watched a general negative tone regarding Hillary for many months from certain MSNBC anchors. Just a random fact... Mika Brzezinski's father is one of Obama's most trusted advisors. Makes you go hmmmm...

The entire media tried to destroy Hillary in the days before the NH primary. I saw it with my own eyes. Perhaps, the reason Hillary won is because the people of this country didn't like the attack on her. Maybe. Or could it possibly be that people just LIKE the Clintons? I was hoping Hillary's victory speech in NH would start with "You like me! You really like me!" Maybe she's saving that line for later!

No comments: