Saturday, May 10, 2008

Where are the feminists?

I don't understand it. We have the FIRST truly viable FEMALE candidate running for president and I don't hear any feminist voices! Have women been forgotten by themselves? Have we forgotten the struggles our mothers and grandmothers went through? Are we complacent? Where are the women who should be screaming angrily at the media who has decided this primary race? WHERE ARE YOU?

Our daughters are watching. They are learning. They see that it's ok to screw over a woman. They see that sexism is the last prejudice that is encouraged in our society. Certainly if I don't support Obama, I'm a racist. At least that's what I've been told.

I'm not a racist. I just want the best candidate. The color of anyone's skin doesn't matter to ME. Their sex doesn't matter either, but I can NOT believe that the best candidate is a first term senator with NO EXPERIENCE. I cannot support him and I will not vote for him. I WILL write in Hillary Clinton come November if I have to. Please join me.

Women - find your voice! The time is NOW. Actually, it was months ago, but now will work, too.

No comments: