Sunday, July 8, 2007

Since the "president" commuted the sentence of Scooter Libby, I've listened to all the controversy. I heard the Clintons speak out. I heard the criticism of the Clintons for speaking out. I am SICK OF IT. I haven't gone through all the pardons that President Clinton gave, but I do know that no one died and our national security wasn't put at risk by any of HIS pardons.

I'm just disgusted by it all. Our country is a mess. We have lost over 3500 of our young men and women in Iraq. We have thousands more who have returned wounded forever. Hundreds of thousands of Iraqis are dead and why, why, WHY are we talking about this? Why did this even happen? Why is this even an issue?

To me it is an issue because it doesn't feel as though our country is a democracy any longer. It feels as though we have a dictator in control of our country. When our "leader" says repeatedly that he is the "decider" and he knows best, when that leader feels he apparently answers to no one, then what do we have? I'm scared. I am scared for us. I'm scared for our children. I'm scared for our future, but do you know what is even worse? I'm tired of being scared. I'm tired of the way this administration has used fear to somehow drag us all down. I'm just plain angry. It's time for this to end.

It's time for those of us who are outraged to speak out. It's time for us to stop writing about it on the internet and to start doing all we can to get a viable candidate elected in 2008 who can change theis country and turn it around. I campaigned for Kerry in '04. I went door to door, but I don't think it was enough. This time, I'll do more--for whomever the Democrats select as their candidate.

Until this past week, I've been undecided, but watching things unfold, I've made a conscious decision to support Hillary Clinton to the absolute best of my ability. Seeing Bill and Hillary Clinton standing together has given me a sense of security. I have confidence in them. I have faith that they can bring our country back to where it needs to be. I have a strong belief that with Hillary as our president, somehow, she will be able to bring back the respect we have lost from the rest of the world. When I see them together, I dare to hope. I hope that in November 2008, I wake to a different world.

No comments: