Monday, June 18, 2007

Losers yet again

Once again, The View didn't win for Best Daytime Talk Show or for Talk Show Hosts. Surprisingly, not even Rosie could bring them the Emmy. If anyone deserved it though, it was Rosie. She brought something to The View that daytime has never seen before. She was an opinionated woman who didn't back down.

Whether or not you agree with Rosie, you have to admit she has guts. I wasn't one to sit and nod my head at everything she said. I don't buy into all the conspiracy theories. I don't agree with her on every issue, but I respect her opinion. I hadn't watched The View in a long time because it was boring to me. I'd heard enough talk about Meredith's underwear to last me a lifetime.

I started watching out of curiousity and eventually set my Tivo to catch the show on a daily basis. I was watching live with my husband that fateful day. We both sat there stunned as the very public argument took center stage. We saw it life. We saw the emotion. A lot has been said about that, so I won't really go into it. I don't blame Rosie for leaving and not looking back.

While she didn't win The View the Emmy, she did win a lot of respect from me and many others. Women who watch The View were presented with something a lot different this past year. They were given a different voice. They were shown a different way of thinking. If Rosie opened just one mind, she did a world of good.

No comments: